Transforming our City of Marbella and beyond by connecting people to Christ, Community and Calling
We go to church on Saturday because it is biblical and Sunday church attendance is not. While God welcomes worship every day of the week, He set aside the seventh day as a special day of rest. This day is called the Sabbath and corresponds with Saturday. It was given to humankind at creation, about 2,000 years before the Jewish people existed (Genesis 2:1-3). Jesus said the “Sabbath was made for man”—not just for Jews (Mark 2:27).
At creation, God performed three deliberate acts to make the seventh day uniquely different from the other six—He rested, blessed, and sanctified the Sabbath (Genesis 2:2, 3). This is extremely significant.
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH
- All 66 books of the Bible are the inspired, inerrant word ofGod. The Bible is the final authority for Christian faith and living.
- God exists eternally in three equals, though distinct, persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself as perfect in love and the creator of all.
- Jesus Christ is God’s eternal Son – fully God and man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, was crucified, died and was buried as a sacrifice for our sins. He rose from the dead and returned to heaven.
- Created in God’s image, mankind followed Satan in rebelling against God. By personally receiving Christ through faith, we are forgiven our sins, reborn by God’s Spirit, and declared with assurance to be children of God.
- The Church is the living Body of Christ on earth. All who believe in Him as savior are part of His Body. The Church’s mission is to grow the saved, help save the lost, and care for the downtrodden. The Church celebrates its Risen Savior through worship and the sacraments of baptism and communion.
- We expect Jesus to return at any time to raise the dead, judge the world, and establish His kingdom. This encourages believers with the hope that we shall forever be with Him.
We believe Christ leads His Church; therefore, we exist to glorify God by cultivating lives and hearts that are receptive to His leading. As a 21st century church with 1st century power, we rely on the power of the Holy Spirit, Grace and the Gospel for the transformation of people into the image of Christ for the sake of others.
We measure our mission with testimonies of transformation; especially those new names written in the Book of Life; people growing in the fruit of the Spirit; and laying down tracks for individual ministry.
We reach out as an externally focused Base Camp: a gathering place where Christ is worshipped; His Word is proclaimed; people are inspired, equipped and mobilized to serve Him; and where care, prayer and family are available
We believe every member is a missionary; therefore, we surrender the ministry of the Holy Spirit into the hands of an equipped congregation.
We are interdenominational and intercultural; therefore, we honor and celebrate our God-given cultural and denominational differences in all areas of our ministry.
We strive to weave fabrics of friendship and grow fruit on other’s trees. Knowing that it takes the whole Church to reach the whole city, we seek to unify the Church to servethe needs of our community by building kingdom partnerships with other ministries.
We believe in generous living. In an attempt to live openhandedly with the blessings of God, we give a minimum of 10% to God; half to International Christian Fellowship Marbella Church and the other half to ministries outside of it. We call this 5+5 giving.
We practice a responsible use of resources and conduct our ministry in a manner that is cost-effective yet thorough.
We are a Covenant Community. God enters into relationships with His creation through covenant. Seeking to follow in His ways, we make promises to each other, and if (when) covenant is broken, we are quick to seek forgiveness and reconciliation, because ultimately the worldwill know we are Christians by our love for one another.
Our 5 + 5 Giving Philosophy
Giving financially is one of the ways we worship God, provide for His Kingdom work in this world and “grow fruit on other’s trees.” It is a source of joy and spiritual growth for us. At International Christian Fellowship we encourage our congregation to practice what we call “5+5 Giving.” Based on the concept of a tithe (10%), we encourage our people to faithfully give 5% to the church and to give the other 5% of their tithe to regularly support our 5+5 Missionaries, 5+5 Missions Teams and other ministries outside our walls. We’ve found that our people enjoy this giving approach and love the opportunity to prayerfully support those outside our walls.
So, whatever you’ve decided to give, please cut it in half and faithfully support your church with half and ask God what missionaries, mission teams and ministries you can bless with the other half!